Legal Guidance In Florida Family Law
At some point in time, many families will find they need the help of a family law attorney. Whether divorce or remarriage, paternity of a child, or guardianship of an elder parent, a trusted and knowledgeable family law attorney can provide valuable services throughout the life cycle of a family.
At the law office of Paul, Elkind, Branz & Paul, our family law attorneys help mothers and fathers, parents and children, with a wide range of family law matters. We provide sound legal advice, caring legal services, and skilled trial court representation to clients throughout central Florida from our office in DeLand.
Contact our experienced Florida family laws attorneys to schedule a consultation on any of the following legal matters:
- Divorce – Dissolving a marriage (divorcing) involves a wide range of legal issues. Even when uncontested, the process is stressful and emotionally challenging. This can make it difficult to consider all of the issues that need to be addressed. At the most basic level the parties must consider how to divide the marital assets and whether spousal support/alimony is appropriate. If there are children, then custody/parenting plans, including timesharing, and child support issues must also be considered. While seemingly simple, resolving any of these issues inevitably becomes more complicated as more specific issues arise. As the law turns one of the most emotionally trying times of a person’s life into a mere spreadsheet, it becomes difficult to identify issues that you need to address. Our experience can help you with this process.
- Child custody/parenting plans – As most parents know the children’s interests come first. The law views matters involving children the same way. The difficulty comes when two parents view their children’s best interests differently. We will always encourage parents to work together to help devise an appropriate parenting plan. Today’s custody issues require much more consideration than just the day-to-day timesharing schedule. We are familiar with these issues and can provide the legal counsel necessary to help you evaluate your children’s best interests. When the parents cannot agree … we do that too.
- Child support – Although ultimately determined by a legally prescribed calculation, there are several variables and hidden traps involved in determining proper support amounts. Our experience can help you determine the appropriate amount from which your children should benefit.
- Paternity – Child custody and support matters are often determined in a divorce proceeding; however, when the parents are unmarried paternity must be established. Doing so may be necessary for either the father or the mother. Understanding the possible outcomes is important as these decisions will carry lasting effects throughout the lives of the parents and the children.
- Modification and enforcement – As time passes even the best conceived plans may need to be changed. These changes are not always simple. Sound legal advice is imperative to evaluate your case and help you determine your best course of action. In other cases, a party to any of these types of actions may choose to stray from the ordered path. When this happens, we can counsel you as to your rights and the options available to pursue those rights.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – Although not romantic, these agreements may actually help save the romance, and avoid future stresses and expenses. If not done properly, however, they may prove difficult to enforce. A consultation with a family law lawyer can help you determine if such an agreement is right for you.
- Stepparent and relative adoptions — There are times when a willing family member is willing to fulfill the role of a parent. When a family makes this decision, we can help make the process easier so that what should be a great experience … is one.
The Paul, Elkind, Branz & Paul Difference
One of the most common complaints we hear from people when they contact our office is that their previous lawyer was not responsive. You will find your experience at Paul, Elkind, Branz & Paul to be completely different. Our legal team is diligent and responsive. We respond promptly to all calls and ensure our clients have direct, one-to-one contact with their lawyer.
Our clients have the added advantage of working with a firm with extensive in-house resources. If your family law concern overlaps with a real estate or business law matter, we have an attorney who can answer your question.