Harlan L. Paul
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Trusts and Trust Litigation
- Estate and Guardianship Litigation
- Probate and Probate Litigation
- Real Estate
- Business Law
Harlan Paul began the practice of law in DeLand, Florida in 1979. He practiced as a partner with the law firm of James, Zimmerman & Paul, LLP until founding the firm of Paul & Elkind, P.A. (the predecessor of Paul, Elkind, Branz & Paul, LLP) in 2003. His practice focuses on real estate, probate and business law matters.
Mr. Paul is AV-Rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the highest rating available for legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been recognized for his legal abilities by being named to the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and receiving a National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Badge. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization requiring verdicts or settlements in excess of one Million Dollars each to obtain membership. Mr. Paul has been selected to the Florida Super Lawyers from 2007 through 2021 and is certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Paul continues to be active in civic and community matters. He was appointed by Governor Jeb Bush and Congressman John Mica to serve as a member of the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission, to which he was reappointed by Senator Mel Martinez. He was a Member of the Stetson University Board of Trustees from 2004 through 2016 and served as the Chair of the Board of Trustees from 2010 to 2014. He has previously been an Adjunct Professor at Stetson University in the area of Business Law. He is the past President of the Emergency Medical Foundation (EVAC Ambulance) and was a member of the Foundation’s Board of Directors since 1990. He has previously served as a member of the Board of Directors of the West Volusia YMCA. He has served on many other civic and community boards and committees.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 1979
- Stetson University
- B.A. - 1976
- Florida, 1979
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- LaSalle Bank National vs. Daisy Alicia, 35 So. 3rd 986, 2010, Fla. 5th DCA
- U.S. Bank Vs. Bjeljac, 17 So. 3rd 862, 2009, Fla. 5th DCA
- Lawson Cattle & Equipment vs. Pasture Renovators LLC, 139 Fed. Appx. 140, 2005, 11th Cir. Fla.
- Lawson Cattle & Equipment, Inc. vs. Pasture Renovators LLC, 2004 WL 5570662, 2004, M.D. Fla.
- Household Finance and Mortgage Company v. Sami Osta, 862 So.2d 885, 2004, Fla. 5th DCA
- Fine Foliage of FL vs. Bowman, 698 F. supp. 1566, 1998, mo.Fla.
- Government Employee Insurance Co. v. Arlene Stafstrom and Terry Stafstrom, 668 So.2nd 631, 1996, Fla.5th DCA
- Stafstrom v. Government Employees Ins. Co., 677 So.2d 841, 1996, Fla.
- Prenoveau v. First Community Bank of Orange City, 627 So.2d 529, 1993, Fla. 5th DCA
- Boucher v. First Community Bank of Orange City, 626 So.2d 979, 1993, Fla. 5th DCA
- Florida Fern Growers Association, Inc. v. Concerned Citizens of Putnam County, 616 So.2d 562, 1993, Fla. 5th DCA
- Fine Foliage of Florida, Inc. v. Bowman Transportation, Inc., 901 F.2d 1034, 1990, 11th Cir.
- Burnsed v. Florida Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company, 549 So.2d 793, 1989, Fla. 5th DCA
- Brake vs. Murphy, 736 So. 2nd 745, 1988, Fla.
- Providence Square Association, Inc. v. Biancardi, 507 So.2d 1366, 1987, Fla.
- Biancardi v. Providence Square Association, Inc., 481 So.2d 1272, 1986, Fla. 5th DCA
- Kilgus v. Kilgus, 495 So.2d 1230, 1986, Fla. 5th DCA
- Super Lawyers
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor, Stetson University
- Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission, Member, 2004 to 2010
- The Florida Bar, Trial Law Section, Member
- Volusia County Bar Association, Member
- Fellow-Litigation Counsel of America
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy